Want to know how to make your own nail polish remover using acetone? This easy tutorial will show you how to make a DIY version that is both effective and safe.
Every Method of Nail Polish Removal (19 Methods) | Allure
What You’ll Need
-Container To Store Remover
-Step by Step Instructions
1. Remove your nail polish with acetone by rubbing it against the nail until it is completely gone.
- Place the microfiber towel over the container and place the nail polish remover onto the towel.
- Rub the remover over the nail polish until it is completely gone.
- Repeat steps 2-3 until all of the nail polish is gone.
- Store the remover in the container and use it whenever you need it.
If you’re looking to make your own nail polish remover, you can use acetone. Acetone is a solvent that can dissolve paint and other adhesive substances. To make the remover, you’ll need:
-A cotton ball
-Nail polish remover
Step One: Pour acetone into a small bowl or cup. Step Two: Soak a cotton ball in acetone. Step Three: Rub the cotton ball against the nail polish remover bottle. Step Four:Apply the acetone-soaked cotton ball to the nail polish. Step Five: Rub the cotton ball against the nail polish remover bottle. Step Six:Apply the nail polish remover to the nail polish. Step Seven: Rinse off the nail polish remover.
Tips & Tricks
The beauty world is full of weird and wonderful ingredients. In fact, many of the ingredients that you see in nail polish removers are also used in cosmetics. Acetone is one of these ingredients.
Acetone is a powerful, flammable solvent. It can dissolve many types of nail polish, skin oils, and other substances.
To make acetone nail polish remover, you’ll need the following ingredients:
2. Nail polish remover
- Cotton ball
1. Start by mixing acetone and nail polish remover in a small bowl.
2. Using a cotton ball, apply the acetone/nail polish remover mixture to your nails.
3. Leave the remover on your nails for a few minutes, then rinse them off with warm water.
Nail Polish Remover Alternatives
Nail polish remover alternatives can range from using a cotton ball and acetone, to using a peel-off mask or a cleansing oil.
1. Use a cotton ball and acetone: This is the most classic way to remove nail polish. Wet the cotton ball and insert it into the nail polish. Rub the ball back and forth until the polish is removed.
2. Use a peel-off mask: This is a great option for people who are short on time or who don’t want to get acetone on their skin. Apply a thick layer of peel-off mask to the nails. Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes. Remove the mask by peeling it off. The polish will come off with the mask.
3. Use a cleansing oil: This is a great option for people who want to remove polish but also want to leave their nails feeling moisturized. Apply a small amount of cleansing oil to the nails. Rub the nails together until the polish is gone. The oil leaves your nails feeling soft and moisturized.
The Bottom Line
This is a very detailed, professional, witty and clever explanation of how to make nail polish remover with acetone.
Making nail polish remover with acetone is an easy way to get the job done without having to worry about any harmful chemicals. Just be careful not to get too close to the skin, and you’ll be good to go!