Are you fed up with your gel acrylic nails looking dull, brittle, and yellow? You don’t have to put up with it any longer! This guide will show you how to remove gel acrylic nails at home in just a few short steps.
How to Remove Gel /Acrylic Nails At Home Without Breakage
What You’ll Need
- Acrylic nails
- Nail buffer
- Optional: remover
- Gel nail polish
- Nail file
- Stamping tool
1. Remove the acrylic nails by filing off the top of the nail with a nail file. Make sure to go slowly so that you do not cause any further damage to the nails.
2. Next, use a nail buffer to smooth the surface of the nails. This will help to remove any rough edges and make the nails look nicer.
3. Apply a layer of gel polish to the nails. Make sure to apply enough gel to cover the entire nail.
4. Next, use a stamping tool to create a design on the gel polish. Be creative and have fun with it!
5. Finally, use a water and soap mixture to clean the nails. Make sure to rinse off the gel polish.
6. Place the nails in a warm, dry place to complete the drying process.
7. Remove the nails by clipping off the nails with scissors. Be careful not to cut into the gel polish.
8. File away any leftover gel polish with a nail file.
9. Apply a layer of moisturizer to the nails.
10. Enjoy your new gel acrylic nails!
Step One: Prep Your Nails
The first step is to prep your nails. You’ll need acetone, a file, and a buffing block.
Step Two Remove Gel Acrylic Nails
To remove gel acrylic nails, start by applying acetone to the nails. File away the gel acrylic until it’s nearly gone. Next, use the buffing block to polish the remaining gel acrylic off of the nails.
Step Two: Soak Your Nails
The first step is to soak your nails in acetone or alcohol. This will soften the gel and make it easier to remove.
Step Three Use A File
Using a file, gradually remove the gel acrylic nails. Be careful not to over-file and damage the nails.
Step Four Use A Remover
If the nails are still hard to remove, use a remover. Be sure to use a gentle one, as too much force can damage the nails.
Step Three: Gently Push Off The Acrylic
Gel nails are much harder to remove than acrylic nails. If you are inexperienced, you may inadvertently tear the gel nail off the nail bed. If that happens, it is important to remove the whole gel acrylic piece as a whole.
To remove gel acrylic nails at home, you will need:
-A file or a pumice stone
-Nail polish remover
-Gel nail polish
1. Start by filing the edges of the gel acrylic piece off the nail bed. Be gentle, as you don’t want to damage the nail.
- Place the acetone on a cotton swab and rub it into the gel acrylic. The acetone will dissolve the gel and make it easier to remove.
- Apply a thin layer of nail polish remover to a Q-tip and gently swipe it over the acetone-covered gel acrylic piece. Do not scrub. The acetone will dissolve the polish and the gel acrylic should come off in small pieces.
- If the gel acrylic is difficult to remove, try using a pumice stone. Be sure to use a light touch so you don’t scratch the nail.
- Finally, remove any remaining pieces of gel acrylic with a file or a pumice stone.
Step Four: File Down Any Sharp Edges
Once the gel polish is removed, file down any sharp edges. Gel polish will often chip, peel and/or become brittle if it is filed down too aggressively.
Step Five: Moisturize
After you have removed the gel acrylic nails, you will need to moisturize them. You will want to apply a moisturizer to your nails every day in order to keep them healthy and hydrated. There are a variety of moisturizers available on the market that are designed specifically for gel acrylic nails.
There are a few ways to remove gel acrylic nails at home. Some people use acetone or alcohol to remove the nails, while others use a file or a pumice stone.