Gel nail polish is one of the most popular types of nail polish. It is also one of the most difficult to remove. There are many methods that people use to remove gel nail polish at home. Some people use acetone, some people use remover pads, and some people use a chemical polish remover.
The Right Way to Remove Gel Nail Polish At Home | Beauty How To
Supplies You’ll Need
- gel nail polish remover
- soft cloth
- acrylic nail file
- clothes hanger
- paper towel
- microfiber cloth
- ear cleaner
- garnet or gold leaf
- acrylic sealant
How To Remove Gel Nail Polish At Home
1. Wipe the gel nail polish remover over the nail surface.
2. Use the soft cloth to remove any polish that remains.
3. File the nails to smooth out any rough spots.
4. Sponge the nails with soap and water.
5. Dry the nails with a paper towel.
6. Apply the gel nail polish sealant to the nails.
7. Hang the nails on a clothes hanger to dry.
8. Apply the gel nail polish to the nails again.
The Soak & Scrape Method
If you have a gel nail polish that is in bad shape, you may want to try the soak and scrape method.
1. Soak the nail in acetone or alcohol for about five minutes.
- Remove the polish with a file or a cloth soaked in acetone or alcohol.
- Repeat until the acetone or alcohol has removed all of the polish.
If the gel nail polish is in good condition and you just want to remove it completely, you can use this method:
1. Apply acetone or alcohol to the nails.
- Apply the gel nail polish to the nails.
- Apply a thin layer of acetone or alcohol to a cloth.
- Put the cloth over the nails and let it soak up the polish.
- Scrape the polish off the nails with the cloth.
The Wrap & Wait Method
If your gel polish is in decent condition, you can remove it at home using a nail polish remover. However, if your gel polish is in bad condition or if it’s been applied over a chipped or broken nail, you will need to go to a salon to have it removed.
1. Begin by soaking your hands in warm water for a few minutes. This will soften the gel polish and make it more manageable.
2. Apply a small amount of remover to your cotton swab.
3. Apply the remover to the gel polish and massage it into the nail.
4. Wait a few minutes, then use a spatula or your fingers to remove the polish. Be careful not to remove too much of the gel polish, or you will have to start over.
5. Wipe the gel polish off of your nails with a damp cloth.
The Foil & acetone method
Removing gel nail polish at home can be a little tricky, but with a little bit of know-how, it can be done easily. One popular method is to use acetone, but there are also other methods that work well, so it’s up to you to find the one that works best for you.
1. Start by soaking your nails in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. This will soften the polish and make it easier to remove.
2. Cut a piece of foil that’s large enough to cover all of your nails. Make sure the foil is smooth and free of any wrinkles or creases.
3. Put the acetone on your fingertips and work it into a paste. Make sure to cover all of your nails with the acetone.
4. Put the foil over your nails and press it down so that the acetone is completely covered.
5. Leave the foil on your nails for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove the foil, and use a nail polish remover to gently remove the polish. Be sure to work slowly and carefully, so you don’t damage the nails.
7. Wash your hands thoroughly and dry them off. Your nails should now be clean and free of polish.
Tips & Tricks
Remove gel nail polish at home can be a little daunting. There are a few tips and tricks that can make the process a little easier.
1. Start by soaking your nails in warm water for a few minutes. This will soften the gel polish and make it easier to remove.
2. Apply a mild scrubbing agent to a cotton ball and work it into the polish. Gently remove the polish with a cloth.
3. If the polish is stubborn, try using a remover that contains acetone. acetone will break down the gel and make it easier to remove.
4. Apply a clear topcoat to your nails and wait a few minutes before removing the polish. This will help protect the nails from further damage.
If you’re having trouble getting your Gel Nail Polish off your nails, follow these steps:
1. Soak your nails in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Use a gentle soap to wash off the Gel Nail Polish.
- Rubbing alcohol can be used to remove Gel Nail Polish that has dried on your nails.
- Use a pumice stone or a file to remove the remaining Gel Nail Polish from your nails.
- Apply a topcoat to your nails to seal in the colour and protect them from future Chips and Nicks.
If you’re still having trouble getting your Gel Nail Polish off your nails, please see a professional.
If you have gel nail polish, you can remove it at home using acetone and nail polish remover. Follow the steps below:
1. Wet your nails with cool water.
2. Apply acetone to a cotton ball and apply to the nails.
3. Rub the cotton ball against the nail until the polish is removed.
4. Rinse off the acetone and nail polish remover.