Do you have nails that are glued to your fingers? If so, there is a quick and easy way to remove the glue.
DIY: QUICK & EASY WAY TO TAKE OFF "GLUE ON" NAILS WITHOUT DAMAGING YOUR NATURAL NAILS
How to remove nail glue quickly and easily
Nail glue is a strong adhesive used to hold nails in place. It is usually white or yellow in color, and can be difficult to remove. Here are four ways to remove nail glue quickly and easily:
1. Use acetone: acetone is a common household cleaner that can also be used to remove nail glue. Apply acetone to the glue area, wait a few minutes, and then use a cotton ball or a brush to scrub the acetone off.
2. Use a nail file: Use a nail file to remove the glue from the nails. File in a back and forth motion, using gentle pressure.
3. Use a cotton ball and alcohol: Wet a cotton ball with alcohol and place it over the glue area. Blow on the ball until the glue is dissolved. Wipe the area clean with a cloth.
4. Use a remover: Some nail removers contain chemicals that can dissolve the glue. Apply the remover to the glue area and wait a few minutes. Use a cotton ball or a brush to remove the glue.
The best ways to get rid of nail glue
Assuming you’ve got a good old fashioned bottle of acetone (or other nail solvent) lying around, the best way to remove nail glue is to:
1. Remove any existing nail polish or top coat
- Pour acetone into a glass or plastic container
- Wet your nails and dip them into the acetone
- Remove your nails from the acetone and place them on a paper towel to dry
- Apply a new layer of polish or top coat and you’re good to go!
How to remove nail glue without damaging your nails
So you’ve applied nail glue to your nails, and now you want to remove it without damaging them. Here’s what to do:
1. Start by soaking your nails in warm water for a few minutes. This will loosened up the glue and make it easier to remove.
2. Remove the glue using a cuticle pusher or a teaspoon. Be very careful not to damage your nails.
3. Apply a moisturizer to your nails and allow them to dry.
4. Apply a clear coat to your nails and let them dry.
The most effective methods for removing nail glue
- Use a nail file. File the nails down until the glue is visible. Use a light touch – too much filing can cause the nail to crack.
2. Use acetone. Place a few drops of acetone on the glue and wait a few minutes for it to evaporate. Rub the area with a cotton ball.
3. Use a solvent. Try a nail polish remover or lacquer thinner. Make sure to use a cloth to protect your hands and nails.
4. Use a heat gun. Heat the nails until the glue pops off.
Tips and tricks for removing nail glue like a pro
- Remain calm! If you are in a state of panic, your nails will suffer. Try to remain as still and relaxed as possible while trying to remove the glue.
- Use a clean cloth or a piece of paper towel to soak up as much of the glue as possible.
- Apply gentle pressure to the glue with your fingers.
- Use a thin, sharp object such as a credit card or a nail clipper to gently pry the glue off the nail.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the glue is completely removed.
There are a few ways to remove nail glue from nails. One is to soak the nails in a bucket of hot water and dishwashing detergent for a few minutes. Another is to use a file to scrape off the glue. If the glue is on the nail’s edge, use a nail clipper to cut around the glue. Finally, use a acetone-based nail polish remover to remove the glue.