Nail Shellac is a popular beauty treatment that can be removed at home with a few simple steps.
HOW TO REMOVE SHELLAC NAILS SAFELY AT HOME WITH FOIL & COTTON WOOL | REMOVE GEL POLISH AT HOME
The Materials You’ll Need
-Nail Shellac Remover
– cotton balls
– Paper towels
– UV light
– Buffing brush
– Glass or plastic nail file
– Soft cloth
– Rubbing alcohol
– Safety goggles
1. Soak cotton balls in water.
2. Squeeze a small amount of nail shellac remover onto each cotton ball.
3. Rub the balls against the affected nails.
4. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the nail shellac is removed.
5. Soak a paper towel in acetone.
6. Rub the acetone-soaked paper towel against the nails.
7. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the acetone is gone.
8. Polish the nails with a buffing brush.
9. File the nails to the desired shape.
10. Apply a layer of topcoat.
11. Use a UV light to cure the topcoat.
12. Remove any residue with a glass or plastic nail file.
13. Rinse the nails with water and dry them off.
14. Apply a layer of topcoat.
15. Use a UV light to cure the topcoat.
Preparing Your Nails
If you’re like most people, you probably go to the salon to get your nails done. But what if you want to do it at home? You can remove nail shellac with a few simple steps.
First, remove the nail polish using a nail polish remover. Make sure the polish is completely off before proceeding.
Now, soak your nails in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. This will soften the adhesive on the nail polish and make it easier to remove.
Once the adhesive is softened, use a cotton ball to apply a small amount of acetone to the nail. Make sure to apply the acetone to the entire nail, not just the area around the nail polish.
Now, use a cotton ball to apply pressure to the acetone-soaked nail. Let the nails soak in the acetone for a few minutes.
Once the nails have soaked in the acetone, use a fingernail file to file away the acetone. Be careful not to remove too much of the nail – you only want to remove the acetone.
Finally, apply a new coat of nail polish and finish the nails off with a top coat.
Removing the Shellac
Step 1: Gently remove any remaining shellac with a cotton ball and acetone.
Step 2: If there is any residue left on the nails, use a file to gently remove it.
Step 3: Use a mild polish remover to completely remove the polish.
Step 4: Wipe off any residue with a soft cloth.
Step 5: Apply a new coat of polish and enjoy your newly free nails!
Aftercare for Your Nails
Wash your hands with soap and cold water after removing the nail polish.
Apply a light layer of moisturizer to your nails.
Apply a light layer of top coat to your nails.
Remove the top coat by rubbing it off with a cloth or your hands.
Enjoy your natural nails!
Tips for Success
Removing nail shellac at home can be a little tricky, but with a little patience and a few helpful tips, it can be done. Here are some tips to help you remove nail shellac safely and easily:
1. Start by cleaning your nails thoroughly. Get rid of all the dirt, oil, and residue that may be on your nails. This will help to make the removal process a lot simpler.
2. Apply a thin coat of acetone or nail polish remover to a cotton ball. Work the acetone or polish remover into your nails until it’s completely absorbed.
3. Hold a lit match or lighter under your nails until the acetone or polish remover ignites and starts to burn. Be careful not to let the flame touch your skin.
4. Quickly remove the nail shellac with a cotton ball soaked in acetone or polish remover. Be sure to avoid the nails’ natural oils and moisture.
5. Rinse your nails thoroughly with cold water to remove all of the acetone or polish remover.
6. Apply a light coat of natural oil to your nails to seal in the repairs and prevent future damage.
If you’re looking to get rid of your nail shellac at home, follow these simple steps:
1. Warm up some acetone or nail polish remover in a pot on the stove.
2. Apply the acetone or nail polish remover to the nails, using a cotton ball or applicator.
3. Let the nails soak in the remover for a few minutes.
4. Use a cotton ball or applicator to remove the polish.
5. Rinse the nails with water and dry them off.