Stick on nails can be a pain to remove and often require the use of a nail clipper or a file. However, by using hot water, you can remove stick on nails with relative ease. Simply pour a pot of hot water onto the nail and wait until the nail becomes hot, then use a cotton ball to apply pressure and break the nail off.
DIY: QUICK & EASY WAY TO TAKE OFF "GLUE ON" NAILS WITHOUT DAMAGING YOUR NATURAL NAILS
Remove your stick on nails with hot water in just minutes!
If you are having problems removing your stick on nails, follow these three simple steps:
1. Fill a pot with hot water and set it on the stove.
2. Put some nail polish remover or acetone into a small container.
3. Dip your fingers into the nail polish remover or acetone and apply it to the sticky part of the nail.
4. Put your fingers in the hot water and wait until the glue on the nail dissolves.
5. Remove the nail polish remover or acetone and your nails will be free!
Soak your nails in hot water to remove the adhesive
- Focusing on the nails that have stuck, wet them with hot water from the tap.
- Apply pressure with a cloth or your finger to the edge of the nail, and use a rasp or file to remove the adhesive.
- Repeat with the other nails.
Use a nail file to remove any excess adhesive
Put a pot of hot water on the stove and turn it up to medium heat.
Add a couple of drops of dish soap to the pot and stir until the soap is dissolved.
Put a nail file into the hot water and use it to carefully remove the adhesive from the nails.
After the adhesive is removed, use a cotton ball to clean off the nails.
Apply a cuticle oil to nourish your nails
- Fill a pot with about two inches of water and place it on the stove
- Once the water is simmering, add enough hot water to cover your fingertips
- Put on gloves or use a dishcloth to holding the excess water, place your fingers in the pot and wait a few seconds until the water cools
- Using a spoon, remove the sticky residue from your nails and discard the water
- Apply a cuticle oil to your nails and massage into the nail bed
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all the sticky residue is gone
- Use a nail brush or a cotton ball to buff the oil into your nails
Enjoy your beautiful, healthy nails!
Remove stick on nails with hot water
Remove stick on nails with hot water is the most common and simplest way to remove them. You can use a hairdryer or your oven.
1. Apply some acetone or nail polish remover to the end of your nail and use a cotton bud to apply the liquid to the nail.
- Hold the nail in a water bowl or bucket and apply heat from a hairdryer, using the lowest possible setting, for two minutes.
- Remove the nail from the heat and allow to cool. Use a file to smooth the nail.
If you are in need of removing stick on nails with hot water, be sure to use a pot that is large enough to submerge the nails. Bring the water to a boil before adding the nails. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer for three minutes. Carefully remove the nails with a pair of pliers.