Do you have yellow nails? Do you hate them? Do they bother you? Well, there are a few things you can do to remove yellow from nails.
If you have white nails, you can try a light pink or baby pink polish. If you have yellow nails, you can try a light orange or yellow polish. If you have dark nails, you can try a light light purple or light pink polish.
Doctor-Approved DIY Trick For Whitening Yellow Nails | Dr. Ian Smith
Ways To Remove Yellow From Your Nails
- Try a home remedy. If you have vinegar handy, mix 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with 1 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Soak your nails in the mixture for about 15 minutes, then rinse them off.
- Try a simple commercial remover. If you can’t stand the smell or taste of commercial removers, try OPI’s Nail Envy Remover. It’s made with green tea, which is said to help prevent nails from yellowing.
- Use a light-duty remover. If you’re using a light-duty remover, be sure to use a cotton ball to apply it to the nails and then gently rub it off. Don’t scrub too hard or you could damage your nails.
- Use a stronger remover. If you’re using a stronger remover, soak your nails in the remover for a few minutes, then gently rub it off.
- Use a gel remover. If you can’t stand the smell or feel of gel removers, try Sally Hansen’s Hard as Nails Gel Color Remover. It’s made with witch hazel, which is said to help remove yellow from nails.
Home Remedies To Remove Yellow Nails
Yellow nails can be a real annoyance, but there are a few simple home remedies that can help you get them off quick and easy.
One of the most common ways to remove yellow nails is to use a lemon or orange juice. Cut a fresh lemon or orange in half, and rub the cut sections around each nail. Let the juice sit on your nails for a few minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.
If you don’t have any citrus fruit handy, you can also try using white vinegar. Fill a small bowl with white vinegar, and soak your nails in it for a few minutes. Gently scrub your nails with a brush, and then rinse them off with warm water.
Finally, if all else fails, you can use a nail polish remover that specifically targets yellow nails. These products are available at most drugstores, and they work by dissolving the yellow color from the nails. Simply apply the remover to your nails, and scrub it off with a brush.
Lemon Juice To Remove Yellow Nails
Lemon juice is a natural remover of yellow nails. Simply cut a lemon in half, squeeze the juice into a bowl, and apply the juice to your nails. Let the nails soak for a few minutes, then rinse them off with cold water.
Baking Soda To Remove Yellow Nails
What You’ll Need:
- Baking soda
- Nail polish remover
Start by mixing together a tablespoon of baking soda and a tablespoon of water in a bowl.
Apply the solution to your nails, and let it sit for a few minutes.
Wet your nails with water, and then use a nail polish remover to remove the baking soda solution.
Repeat the process if necessary.
Vinegar To Remove Yellow Nails
Remove yellow nails with vinegar.
Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with ¾ cup of water in a bowl.
Apply a liberal amount of the vinegar mixture to the nails, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinse off with cold water.
Toothpaste To Remove Yellow Nails
To remove yellow nails, toothpaste is a great way to start. Wet your nails and apply a small amount of toothpaste to the nails. Rub the toothpaste into the nails and let it dry. Repeat the process if needed.
If you want to remove yellow from your nails, there are a few things you can do. You can use a bleach solution, soak your nails in lemon juice, or use a yellow nail polish remover.