Some paints when combined may make for a happy marriage, but others when brought together will just create havoc. This is similar to the process of fusion of two dissimilar things. Nail adhesives fall in this category. Many beginners are caught up in the illusion of thinking that they can use all kinds of nail glues instead of finding out their specific needs.
So, if you’re a nail fanatic, then you’re always on the lookout for the latest trends. But is it healthy? The industry of nails, in general, uses a lot of toxic chemicals in many different products. The biggest offender to our health as nail techs is called Nail glue, also known as nail hardener or bonder. It’s readily available in almost every store and can be pretty inexpensive.
While looking for natural and organic nail glue alternatives, we wanted to discuss why it is important to be aware of the ingredients on the product you’re using. That’s where we’ll get started with this blog post. Are the ingredients in your nail glue dangerous? It kind of depends how safe you consider products such as formaldehyde and methylene chloride to be. I’m trying to keep this as short and sweet as possible, so let’s start out by discussing the alternatives for hazardous nail glues.
- Using Acrylic Mixture
Acrylic mixture is a liquid that is used to make your nails look longer and stronger. It is made out of three parts: monomer, polymer, and activator. When you are using acrylic mixture, make sure you have all the supplies that you need ready before starting.
How to Apply Acrylic Mixture?
- The first thing you need to do is remove any nail polish or fake nails that you may have on.
- Next, clip and file your nails into the desired shape. Be careful not to cut them too short.
- Now it’s time to start applying the acrylic mixture. Dip the brush into the liquid and then start painting it on your nails in thin layers. Make sure to avoid getting it on your cuticles.
- Once you have applied the first layer, wait for it to dry before applying the next one.
- You will need to apply at least three layers of the mixture for it to be effective.
- Once your nails are fully covered, wait for the acrylic mixture to dry completely. This usually takes around 30 minutes.
- Once it’s dry, you can start shaping and buffing your nails as desired.
- If you want to add some color, you can use a nail polish. But make sure that it is compatible with acrylic nails otherwise it will just peel right off.
- And that’s it! You now have longer and stronger nails without having to go to a salon.
Benefits of Acrylic Mixture
- Acrylic mixture can make your nails look longer and stronger.
- It is a less expensive alternative to getting acrylic nails at a salon.
- You can do it yourself at home in just a few steps.
- You have control over the shape and color of your nails.
- It is durable and lasts for around two weeks.
- It is also non-toxic, making it safe for use.
- Acrylic nails can be removed by using a nail polish remover.
You Can Buy this Nail Polish Remover
About the Product
Mineral Fusion nail polish remover contains a non-drying formula to protect delicate nails. Formulated with vitamin C and B5, this acetone-free nail polish remover is gentle, yet effectively removes all traces of nail enamel in one quick swipe.
However, it is important to note that if not removed properly, it can damage your nails.
Drawbacks of Acrylic Mixture
- Acrylic mixture can be a bit messy to work with.
- It is important to apply it in thin layers or else it can look thick and unnatural.
- If not removed properly, it can damage your nails.
- It is also important to note that acrylic nails are not vegan-friendly as they contain animal products.
How to remove Acrylic Mixture?
If you want to remove your acrylic nails, you will need a nail polish remover that is compatible with acrylic nails.
- Soak a cotton ball in the remover and then place it on your nails.
- Leave it on for around 5 minutes and then use a nail brush or orange stick to remove the acrylic.
- Be careful not to damage your nails while removing the acrylic.
- If there is still some residue left, soak your nails in warm water for a few minutes and then use a toothbrush to scrub off the remaining acrylic.
And that’s it! Your nails are now free of acrylic mixture. Make sure to moisturize them afterwards as they may be a bit dry.
- Nail Tabs
Nail Tabs are a new way to adhere your nails without using any harsh chemicals or glues. They are made of a special medical grade adhesive that is gentle on your skin and nails. Nail tabs can be used for natural or artificial nails and will last up to two weeks.
How to Apply Nail Tabs?
If you’re new to using nail tabs, here is a quick guide on how to apply them:
- Start by cleaning your nails and removing any old polish.
- Cut the nail tab to fit the size of your nail, making sure to round off the corners for a better fit.
- Apply a thin layer of glue (or tape) to the underside of the nail tab.
- Hold the tab against your nail and press down firmly for a few seconds.
- Repeat on all of your nails.
It’s important to note that you should avoid using too much glue, as it can make your nails feel sticky and uncomfortable. If you’re having trouble getting the nail tabs to stick, you can try filing them down a bit until they are more manageable.
Benefits of Nail Tabs
There are a few benefits to using nail tabs, such as:
- They are quick and easy to apply.
- They can be used to attach artificial nails of any shape or size.
- They are a more affordable option than buying artificial nails from a salon.
- They can last for up to two weeks, depending on how well you take care of them.
- They are less likely to damage your natural nails than glue or tape.
Drawbacks of Nail Tabs
There are a number of drawbacks to using nail tabs.
- First, there’s the fact that they’re often made with harmful chemicals.
- Second, they can be really tricky to use if you’re not used to them.
- And finally, they can be really expensive if you need to buy them from a store.
- Plus, if you’re like me and you tend to lose things, you might end up losing your nail tabs pretty quickly!
How to remove Nail Tabs?
Removing nail tabs is just as easy as applying them – here’s how:
- Soak your fingers in warm water for a few minutes.
- Gently peel the tabs off your nails.
- Apply a small amount of oil or moisturizer to your nails and massage them until the oil is fully absorbed.
That’s it! Your nails should now be free of all adhesive residue. If you have any trouble removing the tabs, you can try using a fingernail brush or a toothpick to help loosen them.
- Gel Nail Polish or Polygel
Polygel is a nail enhancement system that is made from organic ingredients. It’s a gel that is applied to the natural nail and sculpted into the desired shape. Polygel needs no curing light and can be filed, buffed and shaped just like acrylic nails.
How to Apply Polygel?
Applying Polygel is a very simple process. Here are the basic steps:
- Sanitize your nails and hands with nail polish remover.
- Apply a thin coat of Polygel to the natural nail.
- Use a brush or sculpting tool to shape the Polygel into the desired form.
- Allow the Polygel to dry completely.
- Seal with a top coat of Polygel.
- Enjoy your beautiful new nails!
Benefits of Polygel
There are many advantages to using Polygel over other enhancement systems. Here are some of the top reasons:
- Polygel is gentle on the nails- Acrylics and gels can be harsh on the nails, often causing them to become brittle and thin. Polygel is much gentler, so it doesn’t damage the nails like other systems can.
- No curing light needed- Curing lights can be very harsh on the eyes and skin. Polygel doesn’t require a curing light, so it’s much safer to use.
- Filing, buffing and shaping- Just like acrylic nails, Polygel can be filed, buffed and shaped to create any look you desire.
- Removable without damage- When you’re ready to remove your Polygel nails, they can simply be soaked off in warm water, no filing or damaging needed.
- Long lasting- Polygel nails can last for weeks or even months with proper care.
If you’re looking for a safe and gentle nail enhancement system, Polygel is a great option!
Drawbacks of Polygel
Like any other system, Polygel has a few drawbacks. Here are some of the main ones:
- Polygel is more expensive than other systems.
- It can be difficult to find a salon that offers Polygel nails.
- The application process can be a bit more complicated than other systems.
Overall, though, the benefits of Polygel outweigh the drawbacks.
How to remove Polygel?
Removing Polygel is a very simple process. Here are the basic steps:
- Soak your nails in warm water for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a gentle nail polish remover to remove the Polygel sealer coat.
- File off any remaining Polygel using a coarse file.
- Buff the nails to smooth them out.
- Apply cuticle oil and massage into the nails.
Your Polygel nails can now be safely removed!
- What are the dangers of using traditional nail glues?
Traditional nail glues contain formaldehyde and methylene chloride. Formaldehyde is classified as a carcinogen, meaning it can cause cancer, while methylene chloride is a neurotoxin, meaning it can damage the nervous system.
- Are there any other benefits to using water-based nail glues?
Water-based nail glues also tend to be gentler on nails and skin. They can help keep nails healthy by not causing them to become brittle or dry. In addition, they are typically easier to remove than traditional nail glues. This can be helpful if you need to take them off quickly or if you have a reaction to them.
- What should I do if I have a reaction to water-based nail glue?
If you have a reaction to water-based nail glue, you may want to try using an organic nail glue. These glues are made without harsh chemicals and they are often safer for people with sensitive skin. However, it is important to read the ingredients list before purchasing an organic nail glue to make sure that it does not contain any harmful chemicals.
When looking for an alternative to hazardous nail glues, it is important to consider the ingredients in the product. There are many safe and effective alternatives available that don’t contain harmful chemicals. By choosing a safe alternative, you can avoid any potential health risks. Thank you for reading!