There are a lot of ladies out there who would love to have very gorgeous looking nails. However, since most of them have their own nails and do not look like a nail art, soft gel nail tips are now becoming extremely popular for these people. Since it can be shaped in different designs, a lot of women would prefer to use nail tips. Many people that visit the salon every month will love to get the latest trends using this product.
Soft gel nails are the best and latest trend in artificial nails in which the artificial tips of the nails are attached to a powder and a resin which gives it an opaque finish. This type of nail is also sometimes known as Chinese acrylic nails. The powder gives a matte finish, whereas the resin gives a glossy finish. One can either use an additional color under the soft gel natural nails or match it with the color of your dress.
These gel nails are used to apply special nail polish to the nail tips for professional appearance. They are made of ultra-thin soft plastic acrylic and are painted on with specially-formulated gel lacquer. There’s no drying time involved and your nails have the same flexibility as before application, with no sturdiness or stiffness.
It is a wonderful way to bring the beauty of a professional manicure into your home. It adds length and shape to nails, can be done over natural nails or enhancements, and makes your nails look polished and beautiful between visits to the salon. Here, we will be giving you a guide about everything you need to know with respect to the soft nails. Keep reading!
What are soft gel nail tips and what are they made of?
Soft gel nail tips are used to apply special nail polish to the nail tips for professional appearance. They are made of ultra-thin soft plastic acrylic and are painted on with specially-formulated gel lacquer. There’s no drying time involved and your nails have the same flexibility as before application, with no sturdiness or stiffness.
Now that we know what they are, let us take a look at how to use them.
Soft gel nail tips can be applied in two ways – either by painting them on directly, or by using stickers. If you’re opting to paint them on, firstly, cut your nails to the desired length and shape. Next, file down the surface of your nails so that the gel can adhere to them better.
Once that’s done, apply a thin layer of gel and cure it under UV light for about 30 seconds. After that, apply the soft gel nail tip starting from the cuticle area and moving upwards. Make sure that the gel is smoothened out evenly on the surface of your nail. Lastly, seal off the tips with a top coat and cure it once again under UV light.
If you’re using stickers, simply apply them on clean, dry nails and seal off with a top coat.
And that’s all there is to it! Soft gel nail tips are a great way to achieve professional-looking nails without having to visit a salon. Plus, they are much more affordable and can be done in the comfort of your own home.
How do You Apply Them?
You will need the following items: A base coat gel polish, top coat gel polish, soft gel nail tips, a UV or led lamp, nail primer (optional), nail dehydrator (optional).
Here are the steps:
- If you are starting with bare nails, prep your nails by pushing back your cuticles and filing them into your desired shape. If you have any existing polish on your nails, remove it completely.
- Next, apply a thin layer of nail primer if you are using one. This helps the gel polish adhere to your nails better.
- Choose the right size soft gel nail tip for each finger and apply a thin layer of gel polish to the underside of the tip.
- Press the tips onto your nails and hold them in place for a few seconds until they adhere properly.
- Cure your nails under a UV or LED lamp according to the instructions on your gel polish bottle.
- Apply a thin layer of base coat gel polish to your nails and cure again.
- Apply your desired color of gel polish and cure once more.
- To finish, apply a top coat of gel polish and cure one last time.
And that’s it! You now have perfect, salon-looking gel nails that will last for weeks.
How Long do They Last for?
Soft gel nail tips can last for up to three weeks with proper care. To make them last longer, avoid using your nails as tools, typing on hard surfaces, and washing dishes without gloves. Soft gel nail tips can be worn for extended periods of time as long as they are taken care of properly.
Pros and Cons of Soft Gel Nail Tips
- One of the biggest reasons is longevity. Soft gel nail tips have a longer wear time than acrylic nails. They can last anywhere from two to four weeks, compared to acrylics which last one to two weeks.
- Soft gel nail tips also don’t require touch-ups as often as acrylics do, because they don’t chip easily and they look much more natural.
- Soft gel nail tips come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors, like any regular acrylic or gel nail.
- The main difference is that soft gel nail tips dry in place without the use of a UV lamp. That means that there’s no drying time at all—just apply the tips with glue and you’re good to go!
- Unlike other types of extended-wear nails, there’s also no filing involved, which is great news for those who want to avoid damaging their nails during the application process.
- Finally, soft gel tips are flexible, so you don’t have to worry about chipping and breaking like you would with sturdier acrylics.
- As with any product, there are some cons associated with soft gel nails. The main con is that they’re not as strong as hard gels or acrylics. This means that if you don’t take care of them properly, they may come off before their time.
- Another con is that they’re more difficult to paint on than hard gels or acrylics because they tend to dry out quickly.
- Soft gel nails can last up to two weeks, which is a long time. If you’re someone who likes to change your nails often, this might be too much commitment.
- Short term and long-term costs can be high, so if you’re on a budget this might not be an option for you.
- While not hard, removing soft gel nail tips requires acetone and patience. If you’re looking for a quick fix that doesn’t take much time or effort, these aren’t for you.
How to Remove Soft Gel Nail Tips?
You’re ready to remove your soft gel nail tips, but you don’t want to damage your natural nails. You can do it at home and the process is easy.
- File the top layer of your soft gel nail tip to break the seal.
- Soak cotton balls in acetone and place them on each nail tip.
- Wrap each finger with tin foil, or use a gel remover cap if you have one, and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and check if the gel has softened – if so, scrape off the softened gel using an orange stick or a cuticle pusher. If not, re-wrap the foil for another 10 minutes.
- Once all of the gel is removed, wash your hands with soap to get rid of any residual acetone.
- Apply cuticle oil to nourish and hydrate your nail beds and cuticles.
You can use this Acetone
About the Product
With this product, you no longer need to go to a professional nail salon to complete it. Gel Nail Polish Remover can easily remove gel polishing from nails, Just lightly smear, and wait for 3-5 minutes, the nail surface will automatically burst, and then remove it gently with a small steel pusher. There is no cumbersome removal process and no long waits, saving you time and money.
You can use these Nail Polish Remover Clips for a hassle-free Experience
About the Product
Save your time and money for salon, with Makartt reusable nail polish remover clips kit, you can remove gel nail polish at home DIY easily. Designed for fingers and toenails comfortable without hurting your nail bed, our clips stay tightly on your nails to help soak off nail polish and nail gel within 10-15mins.
Tips to Keep the Soft Nail Tips Healthy?
Soft gel nail tips are a popular choice for women who want to grow their nails, but don’t have the patience for the long process of growing them out themselves. Here are some tips for keeping your soft gel nail tips healthy.
- Keep Them Covered: Always keep your nails covered—especially at night when you’re sleeping and your hands are most likely to bump into things or be put under pressure. This is the leading cause of cracked soft gel nail tips, and can be easily avoided with a little forethought!
- Give Them Time to Breathe: As tempting as it may be, don’t wear makeup on your soft gel nail tips all day every day. Allow them a couple days a week to breathe so they don’t become brittle and break off easily.
- Avoid Acrylics: Acrylics are tough on your nails, and even more so on your soft gel nail tips! They can cause splitting, cracking, and breakage if used too frequently or improperly. It’s best to avoid them altogether if you have soft gel nail tips.
- Keep your hands moisturized. Many people forget to keep their hands moisturized which can lead to dryness of the skin around the nails, causing them to crack or peel.
- Keep a clean cuticle remover on hand. This will help ensure that there is no build-up under the tips that could lead to infection or bacteria growth.
- Don’t bite your nails! Biting them can cause breakage which isn’t good for soft gel nail tips because it may make them more brittle over time.
There are a lot of options out there when it comes to tips, so it might feel a little intimidating at first. However, no matter how you feel about their permanence or price tag, there are benefits to using them. Plus, as is the case with any nail art, practice makes perfect.